By: St. Mary’s College of Maryland Athletic Department
WESTMINSTER, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse team (5-3) traveled to McDaniel College on Saturday (Mar. 14) to take on the Green Terror (3-3). The Seahawks fell to the Green Terror by a final score of 18-12.
St. Mary’s College – 12, McDaniel – 18
How It Happened
- McDaniel jumped out to a 4-1 lead to start the quarter, but the Seahawks tied the game with a three-goal run with 6:41 remaining in the opening stanza.Jack Conway,Erich Wuesthoff, andJude Brownrecorded scores during the run. The Green Terror outscored the Seahawks 2-1 to end the quarter and held a 6-5 lead over St. Mary’s College.
- The Seahawks grabbed their first lead of the game in the second quarter with back-to-back goals from Brown and Wuesthoff. However, McDaniel responded with two-straight goals to end the half, bringing the score to 8-7 in the McDaniel’s favor.
- In the third quarter, the Seahawks were outscored 3-2 and headed into the final stanza trailing 11-9. Wuesthoff tallied his fourth goal of the game in the third quarter, whileCameron Lingerrecorded his first goal of the season for the Seahawks ninth goal.
- The Green Terror used a six goal run to start the fourth quarter to pull out to a comfortable 17-9 advantage. St. Mary’s College finished the game strong by outscoring McDaniel 3-1. Brown (2) andJaylen DeCarlofound the back of the net to end the game. DeCarlo’s goal was his first of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Brown led the Seahawks on the offensive end with a season-high nine points. Brown recorded four goals and five assists. Wuesthoff finished the game with four goals for his best mark of the season.
- Luke McWrighthustled for a team-high five ground balls, whileMason Hoffmanled the Seahawks with two caused turnovers.Kyrle PreisandDJ Walkersplit time in goal for the Seahawks. Preis recorded five saves and Walker gathered three.
- Jackson Reillyled the Green Terror with five points.