By: St. Mary’s College of Maryland Athletic Department
WESTMINSTER, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse team (5-3) traveled to McDaniel College on Saturday (Mar. 14) to take on the Green Terror (3-3). The Seahawks fell to the Green Terror by a final score of 18-12.
St. Mary’s College – 12, McDaniel – 18
How It Happened
- McDaniel jumped out to a 4-1 lead to start the quarter, but the Seahawks tied the game with a three-goal run with 6:41 remaining in the opening stanza. Jack Conway, Erich Wuesthoff, and Jude Brown recorded scores during the run. The Green Terror outscored the Seahawks 2-1 to end the quarter and held a 6-5 lead over St. Mary’s College.
- The Seahawks grabbed their first lead of the game in the second quarter with back-to-back goals from Brown and Wuesthoff. However, McDaniel responded with two-straight goals to end the half, bringing the score to 8-7 in the McDaniel’s favor.
- In the third quarter, the Seahawks were outscored 3-2 and headed into the final stanza trailing 11-9. Wuesthoff tallied his fourth goal of the game in the third quarter, while Cameron Linger recorded his first goal of the season for the Seahawks ninth goal.
- The Green Terror used a six goal run to start the fourth quarter to pull out to a comfortable 17-9 advantage. St. Mary’s College finished the game strong by outscoring McDaniel 3-1. Brown (2) and Jaylen DeCarlo found the back of the net to end the game. DeCarlo’s goal was his first of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Brown led the Seahawks on the offensive end with a season-high nine points. Brown recorded four goals and five assists. Wuesthoff finished the game with four goals for his best mark of the season.
- Luke McWright hustled for a team-high five ground balls, while Mason Hoffman led the Seahawks with two caused turnovers. Kyrle Preis and DJ Walker split time in goal for the Seahawks. Preis recorded five saves and Walker gathered three.
- Jackson Reilly led the Green Terror with five points.