News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – March 24, 2020 – Calvert County Government buildings will close to the public effective March 25 until further notice, as a precautionary measure to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
A complete list of services affected by the closure is located on Calvert County’s virtual resource center at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus. This information will continue to be updated regularly, and residents, employees, and media are encouraged to monitor the page for updates.
Citizens are urged to follow public health guidance to protect yourself and limit the number of people infected, particularly adults over 60 and those with chronic health conditions. According to the Calvert County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the COVID-19 virus through the following prevention measures:
- Avoid large gatherings, both public and private.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Protect others by staying home if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, including doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.