News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – April 16, 2020 – Calvert County Government offices will remain closed through Friday, April 24, as a measure to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The closure was originally set to end April 17.
“Closing government is a decision we take as seriously as the safety of citizens, staff and their families,” said Board of County Commissioners President Kelly McConkey. “Our essential personnel have been performing admirably under challenging circumstances to maintain essential government functions for county residents. We are grateful for the service of county staff and all essential workers in our community, and everyone supporting those individuals, as we wait for the effects of social distancing to be seen.”
A complete list of services affected by the closure is located on Calvert County’s virtual resource center at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus. This information will continue to be updated regularly, and residents, employees and media are encouraged to monitor the page for further updates, guidance and resources.
Citizens are strongly urged to follow public health guidance to protect yourself and limit the number of people infected. Please keep the following guidance on your mind throughout this crisis:
· Avoid gatherings, both public and private.
· Stay home as much as possible; go to stores only when necessary for essential items and avoid taking children and other family members with you if you can.
· Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Protect others by staying home if you are sick.
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
· Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, including doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.