News Release, Charles County Public Schools
Superintendent of Schools Kimberly Hill today announced principal and vice principal changes for the 2020-21 school year. All appointments are effective July 1.
Robert Griffiths, a vice-principal at Westlake High School, has been named principal at Theodore G. Davis Middle School, replacing Kim McClarin who has resigned. Griffiths started with Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) in 2004 as a math teacher at Westlake. He taught math at Henry E. Lackey High School before becoming an administrative intern at Westlake. Griffiths was a vice-principal at St. Charles High School then moved to the position at Westlake from 2016 to 2020.
The Board approved the following new vice principal appointments:
- Twanna Taylor, a special education teacher at Mary B. Neal Elementary, as vice principal at Daniel of St. Thomas Elementary School;
- Shellia Soderstrom, a reading resource teacher at Dr. Samuel A. Mudd Elementary School, as vice principal at Dr. Mudd; and
- Audria McClure, a special education teacher at Berry Elementary School, as vice principal at William B. Wade Elementary School.
- Lamont Shipley, an administrative intern at Davis, as vice principal at Davis; and
- Ivy Hodges, acting vice principal at Gale-Bailey Elementary School, as vice principal at John Hanson Middle School.
- David Mitchell, an administrative intern at Henry E. Lackey High School, as a vice principal at La Plata High School; and
- Anthony Peck, administrative intern at Maurice J. McDonough High School, as a vice principal at Westlake.
The following vice principal transfers were made:
- Kerri Loyd, vice principal at Wade to vice principal at Billingsley Elementary School; and
- Nicole Hawkins, vice principal at Dr. Mudd to vice principal at Gale-Bailey;
- Tiyata Winters, vice principal at Mattawoman Middle School to vice principal at Matthew Henson Middle School;
- Anthony Carroll, 11-month vice principal at Henson to 12-month vice principal at Mattawoman;
- Keisha Rock, vice principal at Davis to vice principal at General Smallwood Middle School;
- Wualanda Thenstead, a vice principal at St. Charles High School to vice principal at Milton M. Somers Middle School; and
- Marlon Walker, a vice principal at La Plata to vice principal at Somers.
- Nichole Bolden, vice-principal at Somers to vice-principal at St. Charles;
- Jaime Bowie, a vice-principal at Lackey to vice-principal at La Plata; and
- Shannon Morris, a vice-principal at La Plata to vice-principal at Lackey.