News Release, St. Mary’s County Public Information Office
LEONARDTOWN, MD – The Commissioners of St. Mary’s County is calling all citizens interested in volunteering their time to the community by serving on various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
Detailed descriptions of the various boards and membership application are available on the County’s website at https://www.stmarysmd.com/boards/.
All applications must include a resume and be submitted no later than June 1, 2020.
- Agriculture, Seafood & Forestry Commission
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Animal Control Advisory Board
- Board of Trustees, Museum Division
- Commission for Women
- Commission on Aging
- Commission on the Environment
- Housing Authority Board of St. Mary’s County
- Library Board of Trustees (Applications must be received by 5/27/20)
- Local Management Board
- Social Service Board
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Tri-County Animal Shelter
The following vacancies have special requirements:
- Economic Development Commission – Education/Small Business Owner
- Historic Preservation Commission – Discipline of architecture, architectural history, history or archaeology.
- Metropolitan Commission – Must live in the 1st District
- Plumbing Fuel Gas Board – Must be a Licensed plumber
- Property Tax Assessment Appeal Board – applications must be completed on the Governor’s Appointments Office website at: https://govappointments.maryland.gov/
Youth Advisory Committee – Must be between 14 – 22 years of age
Interested citizens can download an application from the county’s website or call Diane Gleissner at (301) 475-4200 ext. 71707 for more information.