News Release, NSWCDD Public Affairs Office
DAHLGREN, Va. – The Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) plans to conduct range testing Monday through Friday, May 25-29, that could produce very loud noise in communities surrounding Naval Support Facility Dahlgren. Testing is scheduled for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Access to the Potomac River Middle Danger Zone – as described in 33 CFR 334.230 – will be restricted during testing.
Due to the dynamic nature of research, development, test, and evaluation operations, range schedules can change frequently. For daily updates on range operations and test schedules, call the NSWC Dahlgren Range and Weapons Testing toll-free hotline at (877) 845-5656. The full weeks testing schedule can be viewed here: Potomac River Test Range / Explosive Experimental Area
Thursday, May 28
Testing at: Main Range/EEA/PRTR River Operations
*Operating Times: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
* Noise on Station: Potential to create “Very Loud” noise in the eastern (Main Range and Terminal Range) area of NSF Dahlgren.
* Noise Down Range: Potential to create “Very Loud” noise down range and in communities surrounding NSF Dahlgren.
* River Restrictions: Restricted approximately 20,000 yards down range from NSF Dahlgren below the yellow “K” buoy (Maryland) and to the yellow “J” buoy (Virginia).
* Roads Closed on Station: Holden Road/River Bank Road/Fuze Road
* Barricades Closed on Station: Churchill Range/Harris Range/Building 997 Gate 1/Building 997 Gate 2/Building 370 Gate/PRTR Main Gate/Star Gauge Road Gate/Olup Gate/Leatherneck Gate/Devil Dog Alley Gate/North Main Range Gate 2/North Main Range Gate 1/Fuze Road Barricade/ Building 1373 Barricade/ Building 235 Barricade/ Building 1160 Barricade
* EMCON Conditions: Condition 2 in Buildings 995/948/1122/455, Condition 1 in Buildings 1180/1186, Condition 4 in Buildings 102/161/943
* MR Shelter Condition: Local
* Other Notifications: None