News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – June 12, 2020 – The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) will hold a public hearing Tuesday, June 23, 2020 to consider and receive comments on a proposal to increase Calvert County Board of Appeals members from three to five. The meeting will be held at 10:30 a.m. in the Commissioners Hearing Room at 175 Main St. in Prince Frederick.
The Board of Appeals reviews applications for variances, special exceptions and expansion or replacement of non-conforming uses and has the authority to:
· Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative officer in the enforcement of the Calvert County Zoning Ordinance.
· Hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of the Calvert County Zoning Ordinance.
· Grant variances from certain terms as specified in the Calvert County Zoning Ordinance.
In keeping with social distancing guidelines and to protect the health of citizens and staff, the public is encouraged to participate in the meetings by viewing the live stream on www.CalvertCountyMd.gov. The public can also call either of the following toll-free numbers to participate remotely:
· U.S. toll-free number: 888-475-4499 or 877-853-5257
· Meeting ID: 899 4188 8251
· Passcode (if asked): #
· Request to Speak: *9
Written comments must be received by 4:30 p.m., Monday, June 22, 2020, and may be submitted by emailing COMMISS@calvertcountymd.gov or may be mailed to the BOCC at 175 Main St., Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or linguistic barriers should be requested by contacting the BOCC office at 410-535-1600, ext. 2202.
For additional information, contact the Calvert County Department of Planning & Zoning at 410-535-1600, ext. 2334, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.