Support Local Journalism

Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!

by David M. Higgins II, Publisher

Bryans Road, MD– At 7:15 a.m., multiple units from Charles County responded to a two-story, single-family home on Walkaway Court for a reported structure fire.

Upon arrival, first due Bryans Road Volunteer Fire Department discovered the home fully engulfed on one side. Units from Potomac Heights Volunteer Fire Department also responded. A total of twenty-five personnel were on the scene and it took approximately 20 minutes to gain control of the fire. The Office of the State Fire Marshal was called out to investigate.

In the report, the Fire Marshal states,” the homeowner and his dog were alerted by smoke and fire alert systems, and both escaped safely.” The estimated loss to the structure is $275,000.00 with the loss of contents not listed.

The Fire Marshal lists the preliminary cause as Accidental-Malfunction in refrigerator.

All images courtesy of Charles County Volunteer Fire and Emergency Medical Services


David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...