by Lynne O’Meara, Southern Maryland Restaurants
This week, I am checking in with two more of my favorites, The CD Café in Solomons Island and Lucianna’s Steakhouse in Waldorf.
I wrote about these two last year and am providing links to the original articles. In addition, I am letting you know their current status and what great food they are putting out these days. Check their Facebook pages or websites for additional information and any specials.
The CD Café
- 14350 Solomons Island Road, S.
- Solomons Island, MD
There are some great restaurants in Solomons Island and one of my favorites is The CD Café. Owner Warren McClain took over in May 2019 and has been putting out amazing food. The CD Café has six chefs (Joe, Aaron, Michael, Gene, Brady, and Mike). Not sous chefs or line cooks…chefs! Warren says each chef brings a different style and unique specialties. He wants people to know the “Café is chef-driven”. He said they work together well and balance each other. And not only is the food great, but the service is outstanding too.
To give you an idea of the elevated-cuisine, here are Chef Joe’s dinner specials for Monday, July 20th:
– Soup: blue cheese beef and cabbage
– Appetizer: Artichoke spinach roasted red pepper truffle crab dip with toasted pita
– Sweet chili lime rubbed grilled Mahi topped with a shrimp mango escabeche and a green chili Crema. Served over green olive Spanish rice with grilled green beans
– Toasted coconut hazelnut Panko crusted Halibut finished with a honey orange miso mango vinaigrette and a roasted carrot red curry coconut sauce, served over jasmine rice with grilled broccolini
– Chicken paprikash sauté with Vidalia onions, peppers, tomato, broccolini, fingerling potatoes, and andouille sausage, finished with a basil aioli
They have delicious, imaginative daily lunch and dinner specials…and the desserts are to die for! Go to their Facebook page for pictures and details. They offer dine-in, carry out, and call-ahead seating.
The CD Café wants to let their customers know how much they appreciate the patronage and support during these crazy times!
They are open every day from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Link to my original article – 9/16/19:https://southernmarylandchronicle.com/2019/09/16/sip-and-bite-encounters-with-lynne-omeara-the-cd-cafe/
Link to The CD Café Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/TheCDCafe/
Link to The CD Café website: www.thecdcafe.com
- 3331 Plaza Way
- Waldorf, MD
Joe Gressis, the owner of Lucianna’s Steakhouse (and my friend) is a restaurant genius! He is finding inventive ways to make the best of a difficult situation. His beautiful Brazilian Steakhouse (located in the heart of Waldorf) opened last year and was building a following and receiving rave reviews. Then COVID-19 arrived, and restaurants were shut down. Because the tradition Brazilian steakhouse style of serving and carving meat tableside cannot be done given the current constraints, Joe has found a way to bring fabulous food to Waldorf.
Some of the delicious things Lucianna’s is offering:
– Outside dining, inside dining, takeout, and delivery
– Daily lunch and dinner specials
– Family meals – available to takeout
– Unlimited Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
– Every Wednesday from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm – Unlimited Wings for $15.00
– Happy Hour every Monday through Friday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm – ½ off all beer, glasses of wine, Brazilian cocktails, and appetizers (excluding wings)
– A new addition…every Tuesday…a PIG ROAST! The pigs will be roasting at least 10 hours and will be tender and juicy. Last week, one pig was roasted, and they sold out in under an hour. This week (7/21), they are roasting two pigs! Serving starts around 5:00 pm and meals can be preordered.
Joe is downsizing the menu to concentrate on making the food perfect. He told me he is looking forward to getting back to the traditional Brazilian rodizio-style of service, when it is safe to do so. To see pictures of the fabulous food and drinks, check out the Facebook page. To order or make reservations, go to the website.
Lucianna’s Steakhouse hours are Monday through Friday from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, and Sunday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Link to my original article – 10/28/19: https://southernmarylandchronicle.com/2019/10/28/somd-sip-and-bite-encounters-with-lynne-omeara-luciannas-steakhouse/
Link to Lucianna’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/luciannassteakhouse/
Link to the Lucianna’s website: www.luciannas.com