Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, Town of Chesapeake Beach
Chesapeake Beach, MD (July 29th, 2020)– In preparation for the 2020 Election, the Town of Chesapeake Beach Board of Elections is distributing election information to all Town citizens to inform and prepare voters, and potential candidates, for the upcoming election. The election will be held November 3rd, 2020 at the Northeast Community Center Mini Gym from 7 AM– 8 PM. For voter registration information, please click here.
All residentsin the Town limits will receive a paper version of this message and a absentee ballot application delivered to their mailbox or PO Box.
HOW TO FILE FOR CANDIDACY:
Want to become a Candidate for elected office? If Yes, file a declaration of candidacy, available here, and Financial Disclosure, available here, with the Town Clerk by September 8th, 2020. The Town Clerk can be reached at (410)257-2230, via EMAIL or by mail at 8200 Bayside Rd. PO BOX 400 Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732.
ABSENTEE BALLOT OPTIONS:Due to COVID-19 Absentee Ballots are ENCOURAGED as a safe way to vote in 2020.
An absentee ballot application form will be included in the town mailer coming to your mailbox in the coming week. The form may be copied for use by each eligible voter in the household. The form must have an original signature in order to be validated. The form is available here or by calling Town Hall at (410)257-2230.
How to vote by Absentee Ballot:
- Fill out and sign the application linked here.
- Turned the signed application in to Board of Elections via Town Clerk as follows:
- Drop the application off at the Town Hall dropbox, or
- Create a PDF, JPEG, or clear image of signed application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Mail to: Board of Elections, 8200 Bayside Rd., PO BOX 400, Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732.
- Applications must be received by October 27th2020.
- Printed ballots will not be back from the printer until end of September 2020. Once available, with approved application, a ballot package will be mailed to voter or available for pick at Town Hall based on the selection in the application.
- Residents should follow the instructions in the Ballot Package.
- Ballot must be received by Board of Elections not later than closing of polls at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day November 3rd2020by any of the following methods:
- Drop off at Town Hall Office, or
- Mail to: Board of Elections, 8200 Bayside Rd., PO BOX 400, Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732, or
- Place in drop box at polling place on Election Day