Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
St. Mary’s, Calvert, & Charles County Public Information Offices
Due to the inclement weather from Tropical Storm Isaias, Charles County Government is closed Tuesday, Aug. 4. Essential personnel and employees required to maintain operations during inclement weather are to report to work as scheduled. VanGO will not be operating due to sustained high winds.
Get the latest Charles County severe weather updates:
Charles County Government website:www.CharlesCountyMD.gov
Charles County Government Television (CCGTV): Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 10
SMECO Power Outage Map:stormcenter.smeco.coop(Call 877-747-6326 to report an outage.)
Sign up for the Citizen Notification System (CNS), the county’s free emergency notification system, at www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/CNS to receive weather, traffic, and road closure notices by text message, email, or phone. Call 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – Aug. 3, 2020 –The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners has announced that county government offices will be closed Tuesday, Aug. 4, due to Hurricane Isaias. The Calvert County Circuit Court will also be closed.
Essential personnel should report as established by their supervisors or should contact supervisors for further instruction.
It is important to stay informed through official channels, as information may change rapidly. The county has launched a hurricane resource center on its website to share the latest updates, guidance and resources in response to Hurricane Isaias. Residents, employees and media are encouraged to regularly monitor the page and use the resources available atwww.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Hurricane.
St. Mary’s County:
LEONARDTOWN, MD –Tropical Storm Isaias is predicted to affect St. Mary’s County in the early morning hours of Tuesday, August 4, 2020. High winds, heavy rains and flooding conditions are expected. St. Mary’s County Government encourages all citizens to be informed and prepared. In advance of Tropical Storm Isaias impacts expected in St. Mary’s County, the following changes to county government operations are announced:
- Sandbags available from 3-8 p.m. on Monday, August 3, at all six (6) convenience centers (Charlotte Hall, Clements, Oakville, Ridge, St. Andrews, and Valley Lee). Limit of 10 per vehicle.
- All St. Mary’s County Administrative Offices will be closed Tuesday, August 4
- All Recreationand Parks facilities will be closed Tuesday, August 4
- St. Mary’s Transit buses and SSTAP buses will suspend all morning service on Tuesday, August 4. A decision regarding afternoon bus service will be announced by 10 a.m. Tuesday, August 4
- All six (6) Convenience Centers and St. Andrews Landfill will be closed Tuesday, August 4
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Loffler, Garvey, & Northern) remain closed due to COVID-19 restrictions
- There will be no Home Delivered Meals on Tuesday, August 4
- All St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown, & Lexington Park) will be closed Tuesday, August 4
- The Circuit Court will be closed Tuesday, August 4
- Metcom Administrative Offices will be closed Tuesday, August 4
Residents can call the weather emergency hotline, 301-475-4911, Tuesday, August 4, and Wednesday, August 5, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for information regarding road closures, debris removal, and county government operations and services.