(CRANBURY, N.J. — Dec. 18, 2020) — CURE Media Group, the industry-leading multimedia platform devoted to cancer updates and research that reaches more than 1 million patients, survivors, and caregivers, is excited to reveal the winners of its second annual CURE® Calendar Contest. The 12 selected artists will have their work featured in an exclusive 2021 calendar.
The winning submissions were selected by a committee ofCURE® staff membersfrom 121 entriesand represent the beauty and creativity that can be found in the cancer experience. In a variety of media including painting, photography, sculpture and more, the pieces not only serve as a therapeutic outlet for the artists but also aim to inspire all those who view them.
The 2021CURE® Calendar Contest winnersare the following:
- Saulmon C. Addison of Brentwood, N.Y., for “A New Day”
- Alison Akin of Livermore, Calif., for “Healing Spirit Paintress”
- Bonnie Annis of Newnan, Ga., for “The Unseen Woman”
- Vicki Friedman of York, Pa., for “Protection”
- Gregory Lambert of New Braunfels, Texas., for “The Elephant in the Room”
- Yoni Mayeri of Orinda, Calif., for “Pandemic Dream”
- Kathleen Maxian of Lockport, N.Y., for “Beautiful Survivor”
- Carol A. Miele, RN, BS, MPH, of Davenport, Fla., for “The Winter of My Chemo Tent”
- Kathy Roth of Peoria, Ill., for “The Monarch”
- Peri Schwartz of New Rochelle, N.Y., for “Studio #22”
- Linda K. Stewart of Fort Washington, Md., for “Acceptance 2X”
- Gina Stratton of Willis, Texas., for “In the Moment”
“Congratulations to these amazing artists who were hand-picked to be showcased in our 2021CURE® calendar,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president and CEO of MJH Life Sciences™, parent company of CURE Media Group. “The number of works we have received from artists across the United States for this contest is truly unbelievable. We thank everyone in theCURE® community who submitted their art online to be featured in our calendar andCURE® art gallery.”