Bring your family and (both 2 and 4-legged) friends out for a special pet-friendly day on May 7th, 2021! There will be one-day-only specials offered at participating shops and restaurants, Open Studios & Workshops at the art studios, Opening Receptions at the galleries, and much more. Our “official” First Friday event time has traditionally been from 5 to 8 PM but many of the businesses will be open before and even after those hours, please check w/ specific locations for their hours of operation.
Featured specials include:
- Arts-related businesseswill be open includingSt. Mary’s County Arts Council Gallery & Gift Shop,New View Fiber Works,Crazy for Ewe,Board & Brush Leonardtown,Wine & Design,Craft Guild Shop, and others.
- Audience Participation Drum Circlefrom 6-7 PM and youth Drumline Performance from 7-8 PM hosted by theSoMar DrummersandSt. Mary’s County Arts Council
- North End Gallery– will feature their new exhibit “Between Earth and Sky” from 11 AM to 8 PM.
- Old Jail Museum– will be hosting free tours from 10 AM to 7 PM, the Leonardtown Visitors Center is also located at the museum.
- Port of Leonardtown Winery– live music w/ Swingawayfrom 5:30 to 8:30 PM and also the new Rose Release w/ winemaker Lauren Zimmerman. The Deutsch-Mex and Morgan Salee’s Cheese-Cakery food trucks will be there too!
- Shepherd’s Old Field Marketwill be offering a variety ofshopping opportunitiesfrom over 70 different stores and services, their new ice cream shop The Salted Scoop will be open also! From 5 to 7 PM the Animal Relief Fund will be special guests at SOFM and theFurtastic Wash & Barkerywill be offering $10 nail trims during this time frame as well.
- St. Mary’s County Arts Council: a Community Art Show – The Cat’s Meow, featuring the kitty themed art of over 30 local artists. Feral Cat Rescue will be present w/ adoptable kittens from 5-8 PM.
- The Good Earth Natural Foods Co.will be open from 10 AM to 6 PM offering 10% off all regularly priced pet items including food, treats, supplements, and more.
- The Rex– Spring Art Show hosted by Libby Mikulewicz featuring the works of local artists.
- Ye Olde Towne Cafewill be offering a delicious Fried Oyster Basket including French fries and cole slaw for $12.99.
Shops and restaurants will be open late for dining, desserts, andmore! There will besomething for everyone of all ages and interests! Please adhere to current social distancing and other COVID-19 guidelines in effect.
Check the Leonardtown First FridaysFacebookpage for details about specific events in Downtown, Midtown, and Uptown as they are announced, we look forward to seeing you on May 7th!
Also be sure to check outwww.VisitLeonardtownMD.comfor a comprehensive listing of the manyshopsandrestaurants. Please contact desired locations for specific hours, COVID-19 safety guidelines, and event info. Also see the events section at the Visit St. Mary’s Countywebsitefor additional info about these and other upcoming local events in the area.
A huge note of appreciation to theTown of Leonardtown, theSt. Mary’s County Commissioners,Leonardtown Business Association(LBA) members, theSoMar Drummersand the First Friday volunteers for their assistance with these events.
We are especially appreciative of the support from ourLBA Platinum Sponsors(Cheseldine Tire & Auto,Leonardtown Chevy Buick GMC,Marrick Homes,Quality Built Homes,St. Mary’s County Arts Council,The County Times, &Visit St. Mary’s) who all have contributed to make First Fridays a wonderful community event!
Photo collage courtesy ofVisit St. Mary’s MD.
(Please note: Events and related info listed here subject to change by host businesses after publication, please follow up w/ specific locations for any updates. Also note that many businesses offer both in- and out-door access for pets however some may have restrictions, please look for any posted signs and/or check with the staff re: their pet policies.)