The National Weather Service Baltimore/Washington DC has issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook today for most of the State of Maryland and surrounding region.
This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for the Maryland portion of the Chesapeake Bay, Tidal Potomac River, and I-95 corridor through central Maryland, northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
- The Chesapeake Bay north of Pooles Island MD
- The Chesapeake Bay from Pooles Island to Sandy Point MD
- The Chesapeake Bay from Sandy Point to North Beach MD
- The Chesapeake Bay from North Beach to Drum Point MD
- Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA
- Tidal Potomac from Key Bridge to Indian Head MD
- Tidal Potomac from Indian Head to Cobb Island MD
- Tidal Potomac from Cobb Island MD to Smith Point VA
- Patapsco River including Baltimore Harbor
- Chester River to Queenstown MD-Eastern Bay
- Choptank River to Cambridge MD and the Little Choptank River
- Patuxent River to Broomes Island MD
- Tangier Sound and the inland waters surrounding Bloodsworth Island
- District of Columbia
- Cecil-Southern Baltimore- Prince Georges-Anne Arundel-Charles-St. Marys-Calvert- Central and Southeast Montgomery-Central and Southeast Howard- Southeast Harford
- Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park-Fairfax- Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria-Stafford-Spotsylvania- King George
Scattered to numerous thunderstorms are expected this afternoon and evening. Some storms may be severe. The main threats are damaging wind and large hail.