The Department of Public Works is partnering with the Nanjemoy Creek Environmental Education Center and the University of Maryland Extension to host a rain barrel and compost workshop event. This event will be held on Saturday, Oct. 16, in the Public Works Facilities Building parking lot (10430 Audie Lane, La Plata). Workshops are 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Register a www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/Outreach. Advanced registration is required. The registration deadline is Wednesday, Oct. 13.
Rain Barrel Workshop
- Take home a rain barrel and learn proper in-home installation techniques, practical uses for rain barrels, and how to reduce the impact of runoff on local waterways.
- Become eligible for a stormwater remediation fee credit. Residents within the Town of La Plata and the Town of Indian Head are not eligible to receive the Stormwater Remediation Fee Credit.
- For more information, contact Jackie Takacs at 240-393-6508 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Lowery at 301-932-3440.
- In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn the basics of home composting.Registrants can receive a free plastic GEOBIN® or get instructions on making a wire bin at home.
- For more information, call Meg Romero at 301-932-3599.
Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258