Anne Arundel County:
Due to the forecast for significant inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, all Anne Arundel County Public Schools and offices will be closed tomorrow, January 3. A Code Red is in effect for employees. Unit III personnel must report to their work locations as required.
All campuses of the College of Southern Maryland (CSM) will close Monday, Jan. 3, 2022, due to impending inclement weather and potentially hazardous driving conditions. In addition, in-person classes have been canceled.
Online classes and online services will be held, and available, as scheduled. Any changes to online classes will be communicated through the class instructor.
Faculty and staff will work remotely. Essential operations employees scheduled to report to campus should follow the direction of their supervisors.
Calvert County Government offices— Now all Calvert County Government Offices are closed
Will open at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 3, 2022, due to inclement weather, with liberal leave in effect. Employees must contact their supervisors to request liberal leave.
Calvert County Circuit Courtwill also open to employees at 10:30 a.m. with liberal leave in effect; court proceedings will begin at 11 a.m. Employees must contact their supervisors to request liberal leave.
- County convenience centers will open at 10:30 a.m.
- The Appeal Landfill will open at 10:30 a.m.
- County transportation services will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Community centers, parks and Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center and Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will open at 10:30 a.m.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter will open at 10:30 a.m.
- All Calvert Library locations will open at 10:30 a.m.
- Calvert County Circuit Court will open at 10:30 a.m. Court proceedings will begin at 11 a.m.
- The Calvert County Health Department will open at 10:30 a.m.
- The COVID-19 vaccination site at the Fox Run Shopping Center will be closed. Appointments will be automatically rescheduled and individuals will receive an email or phone call notification.
- The COVID-19 testing clinic at 141 Schooner Lane in Prince Frederick will be closed. Those registered for appointments will be contacted directly with instructions.
- The COVID-19 call center will open at 10:30 a.m.
Officials will monitor conditions throughout the morning and make a further determination on whether a change in closure status is warranted.
Calvert County Public Schools— CLOSED as of 7:30 am
Calvert County Public Schools will be operating on a 2-hour delay for Monday, January 3, 2022.
- School opening will be delayed 2 hours.
- There will be no a.m. Pre-Kindergarten.
- 12-month certificated employees, including emergency personnel, report on time. 12-month educational support staff may report up to one hour late.
- No Child Nutrition Workers are to report prior to 8:00 a.m.
- The workday for 10- and 11-month employees will begin 2 hours after their regularly scheduled start time.
- Child care will open at 7:30 a.m.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head Division
The DC metro area is forecast to get a snow event overnight. The National Weather Center has issued a Winter Storm Warning for the area until 1600 tomorrow, 3 January. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches are expected. Travel could be very difficult. NSWC IHD Maryland sites are CLOSED today, 3 Jan. Telework employees should continue to work. Essential personnel should check with their supervisor before reporting to work.
As of now, the following changes will be in effect:
- Maximum telework is in effect. If you are mission essential, check with your supervisor for your status.
- Fitness center will open at 0900 (subject to change if the weather is really bad)
- NEX will make a determination on any changes to their hours and we will push out any changes they have.
If the base or command closes, that will be announced no later than 0430.
Charles County Schools:
Due to today’s inclement weather forecast, Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is operating on a Code Red status for today, Monday, Jan. 3, 2022.
There will be no virtual instruction for students and schools and offices are closed today. Only essential CCPS staff report to work. All CCPS meal sites are closed today.
Visit the CCPS website atwww.ccboe.comfor the most up-to-date information. Thank you.
St. Mary’s County:
St. Mary’s County Public Schools: Due to the anticipated snowstorm, All St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be closed on Monday, January 3, 2022. No employees should report to work. Operations and Maintenance Emergency personnel will follow the established protocol. For more information, visit https://www.smcps.org/employee-status-codes
St. Mary’s County Government announces the following changes to operations for Monday, Jan. 3, 2022:
All St. Mary’s County Government administrative offices will be closed. Liberal leave is in effect and employees must contact their supervisors to request liberal leave.
All Recreation and Parks activities, programs, and facilities, including the Wicomico Shores Golf Course, Museum sites, and Wellness and Aquatics Center at the College of Southern Maryland will be closed.
The St. Andrews Landfill and all six Convenience Centers will be closed:
- Charlotte Hall – 37766 New Market Turner Road
- Oakville – 26630 North Sandgates Road
- Clements – 24547 Horseshoe Road (due to equipment failure, Clements facility is closed until further notice)
- St. Andrews – 44595 St. Andrews Church Road
- Valley Lee – 45350 Happyland Road
- Ridge – 13939 Point Lookout Road
All three St. Mary’s County Libraries (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown and Lexington Park) are closed.
- St. Mary’s Transit System (STS), SSTAP and ADA will not operate.
- Circuit Court will be closed.
- District Court will be closed.
- NAS Patuxent River hasannounced Restricted Access for all but critical personnel Monday, Jan. 3, 2022.
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Chancellors Run, Garvey and Northern) are closed. There will be no Home-Delivered Meals.
- Non-public Schools will be closed and there will be no bus service.
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools and offices will be closed.
- St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission (MetCom) will be closed.
The Department of Public Works & Transportation has dispatched crews to prepare and monitor county roads. Motorists should avoid travel as snow and ice may cause hazardous driving conditions. If travel is essential, remember to have an extra flashlight with batteries, food and water in your vehicle.Updates and information on snow and ice removal on St. Mary’s County roads is available at https://www.stmarysmd.com/dpw/RoadAlertMap/.
St. Mary’s County Health Department: Due to anticipated inclement weather, the St. Mary’s County Health Department (SMCHD) will be closed on Monday, January 3, 2022. This includes the main office in Leonardtown, all satellite offices, and COVID-19 testing and vaccine operations.Normal operations are expected to resume on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. Community members scheduled for COVID-19 testing and vaccine appointments will be contacted directly to reschedule.