St. Mary’s City, MD-– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team picked up their first victory of the spring season this afternoon (Feb. 26). The Seahawks defeated the Marymount Saints with a final score of 6-3.
- Stephen Alam and Kier Nacua played in the No. 1 spot this afternoon for the Seahawks and dropped a tough 8-3 match to the Saints. Sam Sheats competed alongside Tyler Vanvalkenburg in the No. 2 spot and took care of Marymount, 8-3.
- Rounding things out in the No. 3 spot, Keawe Shepherd-Johnson and Liam Pratt come out on top, 8-1.
- Stephen Alam came out victorious in the No. 1 spot after an intense match with a score of 3-6,6-1,6-3. Kier Nacua and Sam Sheets were unable to pick up a win in the No. 2 and N0. 3 spots after two hard fought matches.
- The Seahawks then closed out the day on a three-match win streak at the No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6 spots, beating the Saints. Vanvalkenberg swept his opponent at No. 4 with scores of 6-1 and 6-0. Shepherd-Johnson competed at the No. 5 spot and finished with a final score of 6-1 and 6-1.
- Liam Pratt also swept his opponent at No. 6 with both sets ending with a score of 6-0.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 2 | Hood College | 3:30 PM | St. Mary’s City, MD