On Sunday, February 27, La Plata Police Chief Carl Schinner was recognized by Mr. Mike Moses, Maryland State Commander of the Association of Black Veterans (NABVETS).
Chief Schinner was recognized for his “past and present activities maintaining collaboration to better understand the needs of citizens, developing meaningful and cooperative strategies to solve problems with most active and capable solutions.”
Chief Schinner was honored to be recognized by NABVETS and to be included in the same company as the other honorees.
The other honorees included:
- Mrs. Sandy Washington of LifeStyles of Maryland, Inc.
- Mr. Larry Abell, CEO Maryland Veterans Museum
- Judge Darlene Breck, Charles County Orphan’s Court
- Dr Robert Barlett, Award Winning Documentary Expert
- Mr. Charles Schramm, Charles County Historian
- Liane Young, Author, Operation Firefly