(Culinary.net) During the spring months, fish can be a popular food for at-home meals. It’s a perfect nutritious option during Lent, and it’s flaky and delicious for seafood lovers and families of all kinds throughout the year.
This Cheesy Basil Cod has a light crust and a glistening center, which creates a delicious bite of texture. Serve it with rice and vegetables to complete a better-for-you dinner that’s packed with nutrients as well as flavor.
This recipe, rich with cheese and seafood delight, serves four but is easy to double for a larger crowd. It requires just a few kitchen utensils and bakes for less than 15 minutes for a quick meal that’s easy to clean up.
For more seafood recipes, visit Culinary.net.
Cheesy Basil Cod
Recipe adapted from Laurenslatest.com
- 3 cod fillets (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- rice, for serving (optional)
- steamed vegetables, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place fish fillets on baking sheet and set aside.
- In small bowl, stir mayonnaise with cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over fillets. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until fish starts looking flaky.
- Switch oven to broil and brown tops of fish until lightly golden. Remove from oven; cool 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and fresh steamed vegetables, if desired.