Washington, D.C– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland baseball team (8-8) traveled to Gallaudet University this afternoon (Apr. 8) for a United East Conference contest. The Seahawks were able to cruise by the Bison 27-8.
How It Happened
- The Seahawks were able to jump on top of the Bison 6-1 after three innings of play. The Seahawk’s lead was fueled by a five running second inning. Brian Sanders was able to knock home an RBI single to give the Seahawks a 4-0 advantage before Cole Tarleton delivered a single that brought home two more runners to give St. Mary’s their fifth and sixth runs of the ball game.
- St. Mary’s led 18-4 going into the final three innings of the game. The Seahawks used a six-run fourth inning and a six-run sixth inning to pull away even further from the Bison. Dan Weeden was able to homer to deep left field to bring home two more runners in the sixth inning. The Seahawks were able to capitalize on multiple Bison errors in the middle innings to extend their lead even further. In the top of the sixth inning, George Berbakos brought home two more runners after a single to center field to give St. Mary’s their 18th run of the ball game.
- St. Mary’s was able to keep its foot on the gas pedal for the final three innings of play, highlighted by a seven-run eighth inning. Cole Tarleton and Garrett Pullium both connected on home runs in the inning on back-to-back scoring plays. Tarleton connected on a solo shot, while Pullium’s home run brought three runners across home plate. Myles Pittman put the finishing touches on a dominant win for the Seahawks in the ninth inning, bringing home the 27th and final run of the ball game off of an RBI single.
Inside the Box Score
- Garrett Pulliam paced the Seahawks offensively with four hits and four RBIs. Cole Tarleton also had a nice day at the plate with three hits and four RBIs.
- Tyson Johnson earned the win on the mound, going five innings and striking out six batters. Anthony Walsh, Graham Houck, and Jake Sandbridge all made appearances on the mound in relief.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 9 vs. Gallaudet (DH) | 12PM & 2:30PM