St. Mary’s City, MD– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s tennis hosted the Lancaster Bible College Chargers Wednesday afternoon (Apr 20) for a United East Conference contest. The Seahawks defeated the Chargers 8-1 to improve 7-7 on the year.
- The Seahawks started the day off well with a 3-0 sweep in doubles. Diana Levit and Hannah Gorel came out on top in the No.1, winning 8-3 over the Chargers. Hallie Hershey and Amber Manspeaker represented St. Mary’s in the No. 2 spot and were able to shut out Lancaster Bible 8-0.
- In the No. 3 spot, Sydney Anderson and Giselle Harris were able to cruise to an 8-3 victory to end the doubles session on a high note for the Seahawks.
- Levit, Gorel, and Hershey competed in singles at the No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3 spots against the Nittany Lions. Levit won her match with ease, cruising to a 6-0, 6-1 two-set victory winning both sets 6-3. Gorel took control of her match in a similar fashion, winning in two sets, 6-1, 6-0. Hallie Hershey took home an emphatic shutout victory in the No. 3 spot, taking both sets 6-0.
- Amber Manspeaker competed in the No. 4 spot and put together a dominant performance, shutting her opponent out 6-0 over two sets. Sydney Anderson kept things rolling for St. Mary’s in the No. 5 spot, winning in two sets, 7-5, and 2-1 (ret.).
- Gisellse Harris was unable to squeak out a win in the No. 6 spot for St. Mary’s, dropping her match in a tiebreaker set. Harris dropped the first set 6-4 before taking the second set 6-2. Unfortunately for Harris, she fell in the tie-breaker, 7-10.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 23 | Penn State Abington | 12:00 PM | St. Mary’s City, MD