(Family Features) Firing up the grill and watching tender cuts sizzle on the grates means a mouthwatering meal is on the way, but don’t forget about the dressings and toppings that make summertime dinners truly delicious.
The next time you want to sear a juicy steak, try this Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Chive Butter recipe from Omaha Steaks Executive Chef David Rose. Thick, tender filet mignon is grilled to warm medium-rare doneness and then topped with cool, creamy, homemade butter: its perfect summer sidekick.
Discover more grilling inspiration at OmahaSteaks.com/Summer.
Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Chive Butter
Recipe courtesy of Omaha Steaks Executive Chef David Rose
Blue Cheese Chive Butter:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Filet Mignons
- Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Rub
To make blue cheese chive butter:
- In a medium bowl, use a rubber spatula to fold and incorporate butter, blue cheese, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Section 18 inches of plastic wrap and place blue cheese chive butter about 6 inches above the bottom. Take the bottom portion of plastic wrap and place over blue cheese chive butter then shape butter into a 1 1/2-inch cylinder.
- Continue to roll butter in plastic; pinch ends of plastic wrap while rolling to tighten cylinder.
- Once size and tightness are achieved, tie off loose ends of plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until blue cheese chive butter is chilled and firm.
To make filet mignon:
- Bring filet mignons to room temperature, for about 20 minutes; pat dry and season on both sides with rub, to taste.
- Prepare grill for 500 F direct heat.
- For medium-rare, place steaks on the grill for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until 130-140 F internal temperature is reached.
- Rest 7-8 minutes before serving.
- Slice chilled blue cheese chive butter into 1/2-inch pieces and place on top of filets.