The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office is proud to announce that Cpl. Nick DeFelice has been selected to participate in Leadership Southern Maryland (LSM) Executive Program Class of 2023.
The Leadership Southern Maryland (LSM) Board of Directors is pleased to announce the selection of 29 Southern Maryland leaders for its 15th Executive Program cycle – the Class of 2023.
From Calvert County
- Yu-Hsuan Chen, Vice President, Integrated Program Solutions, Inc.
- Nick DeFelice, Corporal, Special Operations Team, Calvert County Sheriff’s Office
- Sarah Ehman, Public Information Program Manager, Dept. of Communications & Media Relations, Calvert County Government
- Stacy Hutchinson, Associate Director of Administration, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Julianne Oberg, Director of Economic Development, Calvert County Government
- Stephen Pereira, Director of Technology Services, Calvert County Government
- Kevin Schmidt, Public Broadcast Manager, Calvert County Government
- Kevin Switick, Chief Executive Officer, AVIAN, LLC
From Charles County –
- Tonya Allen-Shaw, Director, USDA-Office of the General Counsel
- Michelle DeSoto, Acting Deputy Director of Economic Development, Charles County Government
- Maryanna Lanham, Executive Director, Dream Queen Foundation
- Craig Renner, Director, Marketing & Communications, University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center
- Ashley Teagle, CEO, Southern Maryland Regional Library Association, Inc.
From St. Mary’s County –
- Curtis Brown, Business Development Manager, AIRtec, Inc.
- Douglas J Burfield, Executive Officer, NAS Patuxent River
- ALisa Casas, Communications Director, St. Mary’s County Government
- AliceMarie (AM) Dillon, Branch Manager, Charlotte Hall, St. Mary’s County Library
- Rodney Flowers, Director of Facilitation, NavalX, Naval Air Systems Command
- Steve Girard, Vice President of PAX Operations, Tekla Research
- Mark Goodrich, Executive Vice President, Programs, Naval Systems, Inc.
- Campbell Hawkins, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, SMECO
- Denise Kopel, Office/ Facilities, BD Development Manager, MAG Aerospace
- Toni Kruszka, Donor Relations & Special Events Manager, College of Southern Maryland
- Wade McConvey, Business Development Manager, KBR
- Michael Meisel, Chief Financial Officer, MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital & MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- Ryan Morning, Director of Business Development, StraCon Services Group
- Jennifer Raley, Energy & Technology Programs Manager DSM, SMECO
- Richard Tarr, Manager, Highways Division, Dept. of Public Works & Transportation, St. Mary’s County Government
- Johnnie D Taylor, Jr., Managing Director, Contracts, NEANY, Inc.
Following a two-day opening retreat in September, these class members will attend eight one- or two-day intense sessions focusing on economic and workforce development, defense, education, healthcare, public safety, housing and human services, multiculturalism, and energy and environment.
These sessions will conclude with a closing retreat and graduation in May. More than 50 experts from across the region and state representing business, government, education, and nonprofit communities will serve as panelists and guest speakers.
Founded in 2008, LSM has successfully graduated over 500 regional leaders. LSM is an independent, educational leadership development organization designed to broaden the knowledge base of mid to senior-level public and private sector executives about the critical issues, challenges, and opportunities facing the region. Leadership Southern Maryland is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.