Lusby, MD- On November 25, 2022, the Solomons Volunteer Fire Department responded to Ropeknot Road for a reported structure fire.

Upon arrival, thirty-five firefighters discovered a one-story, rancher-style home with fire showing. The firefighters took about 10 minutes to gain control. Afterward, the Office of the State Fire Marshal was called to investigate.

Credit: Office of the State Fire Marshal

According to the Fire Marshal’s preliminary report, the fire was caused by an unspecified electrical event in the kitchen.  The home’s occupants were alerted to the fire by the smoke from the kitchen. 

All occupants were able to escape safely and were being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The estimated damage is listed as $200,000.00


David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply