News Release, Calvert County Government
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – April 4, 2019 – The Calvert County community is responding with an outpouring of support for families displaced by a multi-unit townhome fire in Chesapeake Beach Wednesday, April 3. Below are details on items needed and the agencies involved in coordinating donation efforts.
Non-Monetary Donations: Water, shelf stable food, personal care items, etc. accepted for the next two weeks
- Collection center: Northeast Community Center
- 4075 Gordon Stinnett Ave., Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
- Phone: 410-257-2554
- Hours of Operation: Sunday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m. daily; Friday and Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
- Household items and other donations will be handled by Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee once housing is secured for the individuals impacted. More details will be available on specific needs pending those arrangements.
· Monetary Donations
United Way of Calvert County
- Donate online at https://www.unitedwaycalvert.org/donate-chesapeake-beach-fire-relief-fund
- You can text to give by texting to 91999 with the message “Chesbeachfund” (all one word); a link will appear for donating
- For donations by check, include “Chesapeake Beach Fire Relief Fund” in the memo and mail to:
- P.O. Box 560
- 530 Main St.
- Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- Phone: 410-535-2000
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Chesapeake Beach Town Hall
- Drop off gift cards and donations for United Way of Calvert County
- 8200 Bayside Road Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
- Phone: 410-257-2230
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; after-hours donations can be dropped off in the secure drop box.