Nanjemoy, MD- On July 31, 2019, the Charles County 9-1-1 Emergency dispatch was notified of a structure fire on Neighbors Place in Nanjemoy, MD.
The Nanjemoy Volunteer Fire Department responded with twenty personnel and discovered the fire had been extinguished by the resident. The Office of the State Fire Marshal was called in to investigate.
The fire, which occurred in a bedroom of the residence, remains under investigation at this time. The owner was able to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher prior to the fire department’s arrival. All occupants escaped without injury and are being assisted by family and friends.
The report estimates the loss of the structure at $1500.00 and the contents at $500.00.