Bowie Scores Hat Trick in RUSH Crates
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Derick Quade took another step toward the Potomac Limited Late Model championship as he scored his 5th win of the season last Friday night at Potomac Speedway. The win for Quade, aboard his Black Diamond no.74, would be his 18th career division feature win and 9th overall of the 2019 season.
Quade drew the outside pole for the start of the event and shot into the lead and would go on to pace all 20-circuits in quite convincing fashion. Kenny Moreland, in his VMS legal Crate powered Rocket no.24, chased Quade during the closing laps but would settle for runner up honors. “The way the track was tonight I knew we had to get to the front first,” Quade stated in victory lane. “This win tonight was another team effort and I couldn’t do this without them and all our sponsors.”
Brandon Long was solid in third with Sam Archer and Jonny Oliver completing the top-five.
In RUSH Crate Late Model action, Ben Bowie scored a green to checker win in the divisions 20-lap main. Bowie burst from the pole to the lead and would set a new track record in the process as his 3rd win of the season was spun off in just 5 minutes and 56 seconds. “When this thing is right we have a fast race car,” Bowie remarked afterward. “Tonight was one of those nights where I didn’t have to push the car to hard and it ran just about perfect.”
Mike Raleigh, in a career-best finish, took second with Kyle Lear, Jeremy Pilkerton and Chuck Bowie rounding out the top-five.
In support class action, Ed Pope Jr. notched his 5th win of the season and career 19th in the 16-lap Street Stock feature, defending track champion Mikey Latham took his 4th of the season and career 11th in a non-stop 15-lap Hobby Stock feature that also set a new track record as the feature was spun off in 5 minutes and 14 seconds.
John Hardesty added to his point lead with his 5th victory of the season and career 23rd in the 15-lap Strictly Stock event and Cody Stamp also collected win number 5 on the season with a hard-fought win in the 15-lap U-Car contest.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Derick Quade 2. Kenny Moreland 3. Brandon Long 4. Sam Archer 5. Jonny Oliver 6. Tyler Emory 7. Todd Plummer 8. Billy Tucker 9. Scotty Nelson (DNS)
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Ben Bowie 2. Mike Raleigh 3. Kyle Lear 4. Jeremy Pilkerton 5. Chuck Bowie 6. Darren Alvey 7. Megan Mann
Street Stock feature finish
1. Ed Pope Jr. 2. Deuce Wright 3. Ben Pirner 4. PJ Hatcher 5. Josh Stevens 6. Marty Hanbury (DQ)
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Mikey Latham 2. Buddy Dunagan 3. Colin Long 4. Kyle Nelson 5. Greg Morgan 6. Stevie Gingery 7. Jonathan Knott 8. Wyatt Hanson 9. Hilton Pickeral 10. Erik Hanson (DNS)
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. John Hardesty 2. Jeff Bloch 3. Nabil Guffey 4. Daniel Knodle 5. Brian Allen 6. Jimmy Suite 7. JJ Silvious 8. Greg Mattingly 9. Johnny Hardesty 10. Ed Pope Sr. 11. Danny Kitts
U Car feature finish
1. Cody Stamp 2. Justin Knight 3. Dominic King 4. Joey Suite 5. Mackenzie Smith 6. Ashley Stansell 7. Stephen Suite 8. Ryan Quade 9. Brad Sayler 10. Tim Steele 11. Derick Quade Jr. 12. Owen Lacey