News Release, Calvert County Government
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. –Oct. 2, 2019–The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Monday, Oct. 14, 2019, in observance of Columbus Day. In addition:
- County senior centers will be closed and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered. However, participants will be provided with shelf-stable meals in advance.
- There will be no county bus service Monday, Oct. 14. Regular service will resume on Tuesday, Oct. 15.
- Calvert Library locations will be closed Monday, Oct. 14. Online services and electronic checkouts will be available.
- All community centers will be closed on Monday, Oct. 14.
- All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point, and Cove Point parks will be open normal hours.
- The Appeal Solid Waste Facility, including the landfill and transfer station, and all county customer convenience centers will be open with normal operating hours.
- The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office and the Solomons Septage Receiving Facility will be closed Monday, Oct. 14. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open Monday, Oct. 14, with normal hours.
- The Calvert Marine Museum will be open Monday, Oct. 14, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The museum store will also be open from 10:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Kings Landing Park will be closed.
- Flag Ponds Nature Park will be open Monday, Oct. 14, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be open Monday, Oct. 14, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be open with normal operating hours Monday, Oct. 14.
- Breezy Point Beach & Campground will be open with normal operating hours.
- The Solomons Visitor Center will be closed Monday, Oct. 14.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed on Monday, Oct. 14.