News Release, Calvert County Government
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – Oct. 2, 2019 – The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Monday, Oct. 14, 2019, in observance of Columbus Day. In addition:
- County senior centers will be closed and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered. However, participants will be provided with shelf-stable meals in advance.
- There will be no county bus service Monday, Oct. 14. Regular service will resume on Tuesday, Oct. 15.
- Calvert Library locations will be closed Monday, Oct. 14. Online services and electronic checkouts will be available.
- All community centers will be closed on Monday, Oct. 14.
- All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point, and Cove Point parks will be open normal hours.
- The Appeal Solid Waste Facility, including the landfill and transfer station, and all county customer convenience centers will be open with normal operating hours.
- The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office and the Solomons Septage Receiving Facility will be closed Monday, Oct. 14. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open Monday, Oct. 14, with normal hours.
- The Calvert Marine Museum will be open Monday, Oct. 14, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The museum store will also be open from 10:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Kings Landing Park will be closed.
- Flag Ponds Nature Park will be open Monday, Oct. 14, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be open Monday, Oct. 14, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be open with normal operating hours Monday, Oct. 14.
- Breezy Point Beach & Campground will be open with normal operating hours.
- The Solomons Visitor Center will be closed Monday, Oct. 14.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed on Monday, Oct. 14.