Waldorf, MD– On Sunday, October 6, 2019, the Bryans Road Volunteer Fire Department(BRVFD) responded to Oak Street in Indian Head, MD for a reported structure fire. Upon arrival, they discovered a 1 1/2 story single-family home with smoke and flames showing through the garage.
Thirty-nine firefighters controlled the blaze in about 10 minutes.
The Office of the State Fire Marshal responded to began an investigation and discovered that a power washer had malfunctioned. The damage is listed at $60,000.00(structure) and $10,000.00(contents).
There were no injuries during this incident.