Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, Charles County Public Schools
La Plata, MD- Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is looking for volunteers to serve on the school system’s District Committee on Assessment.
Maryland State Senate Bill 452 requires each local school system to create a district committee on assessment every two years to review and evaluate the district’s assessment plan, as well as make recommendations to the Board of Education.
This will be the second time since 2018 a committee will be formed. Each meeting will be held from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building at 5980 Radio Station Road in La Plata.
Meeting dates are March 24, April 23, May 26, June 16, Sept. 24 and Oct. 22.
Below are the topics for each meeting:
- Meeting 1 – Senate Bill 452, Balanced Assessment System.
- Meeting 2 – History of testing in Maryland, college and career-ready standards, CCPS testing program, ESSA star ratings.
- Meeting 3 – Scaled scoring, Student Learning Objectives, data (where teachers get it, what it looks like, etc.), review of Stiggins rubrics to evaluate assessments.
- Meetings 4-5 – Individual working groups to evaluate the tests using the rubrics.
- Meeting 6 – Review proposed recommendations.
Interested volunteers are asked to email Christina Mulhollan Miller, coordinator of formative assessment, by Feb. 24 at email@example.com or call 301-934-7300.