News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland Athletics
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – With further developments in the outbreak of COVID-19 and concerns over confirmed cases of the virus in the United States, St. Mary’s College of Maryland Athletics will be suspending all sports competitions and practice from March 16-April 3. St. Mary’s College student-athletes have been advised to return home during this time period.
The St. Mary’s College Athletic Communications office will provide updates on schedule changes as they occur.
March 11, 2020- As part of the significant changes being implemented by the College in response to COVID-19, the following actions are taking place with regards to Athletics:
- For athletic events, all home games, matches, and regattas may proceed butwithoutspectators during the period of March 16 – April 3, 2020. Athletic events that are scheduled to occur away from campus may proceed as scheduled only if they are within the state of Maryland to be in compliance with Governor Hogan’s decree issued on March 9.
- Student-athletes who are in season and competing can stay on campus to practice.
Below is a list of postponed, canceled, and added events for spring sports. The Athletics Department will continue to release updates on any schedule changes:
- Women’s Lacrosse– Trip to Puerto Rico has been canceled. Added games: Saturday, Mar. 14 at Franklin & Marshall (Away) – 1:00 p.m., Monday, Mar. 16 vs. Albright at US Lacrosse Headquarters – 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Mar. 18 vs. Messiah (Home) – time TBD.
- Men’s Lacrosse– Trip to California has been canceled. Added games: Thursday, Mar. 19 vs. Whittier (Home) – time TBD
- Tennis– Trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina has been canceled.
- Baseball– Doubleheader at Neumann on Saturday, Mar. 21 has been canceled.
- Rowing –Mar. 21 regatta at Murphy Cup canceled.