News Release, St. Mary’s County Health Department
LEONARDTOWN, MD (March 24, 2020) – The St. Mary’s County Health Department (SMCHD) has determined that a person confirmed to have the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) may have come into contact with other community members. The potential public exposure locations, dates, and times are as follows:
Weis Markets, 20995 Point Lookout Rd, Callaway, MD 20620
- Dates: March 12 and March 17, 2020
- Time ranges: 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Walmart Supercenter, 45485 Miramar Way, California, MD 20619
- Date: March 16, 2020
- Time range: 10:15 p.m. – 10: 45 p.m.
Family Care Pharmacy, 46300 Lexington Village Way #104, Lexington Park, MD
- Date: March 17, 2020
- Time range: 2:00 p.m. – 2: 30 p.m.
Community members who were also at these locations during the specified dates/times may be at some risk for acquiring COVID-19 and should:
- Self-monitor for symptoms of a respiratory infection including fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, or shortness of breath until 14 days have passed from the date of exposure
- Stay home as much as possible
- Call the COVID-19 Community Hotline (Monday – Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 301-475-4911) and ask for a call-back from a health department nurse
If you develop symptoms:
- Call your healthcare provider
- If you do not have a healthcare provider, call the COVID-19 Community Hotline (Monday – Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 301-475-4911) to speak with a Health Department nurse
- Self-isolate – Remain at home until you receive instructions about next steps from your healthcare provider or local health department. Stay at least 6 feet away from others. If possible, do not share a bathroom or bedroom with others in your household.
- Those with mild symptoms can stay home. If symptoms worsen or you need medical attention, call ahead before going to your doctor’s office, urgent care or emergency department. Use 9-1-1 if in a medical emergency and notify dispatch of your potential exposure concerns.
For more information about COVID-19, please see the St. Mary’s County Health Department website at www.smchd.org/coronavirus.