By: David M. Higgins II, Publisher

UPDATE 4/4/2020 @ 10:00 a.m.- The Office of the State Fire Marshal-Southern Region was called out for a third time yesterday afternoon; the second one in Charles County, for a fully involved house fire. The Dentsville Volunteer Fire and EMS was the primary responding unit and a total of forty(40) firefighters battled the wind-whipped blaze. The fire was discovered by a passing motorist.

The fire was determined to be caused by malfunction of the wood stove inside the home.  The house and contents were completely destroyed as a result of the fire. There were no injuries and the occupants, who were not home at the time of the fire, are being assisted by family and friends. 

The estimated damage is $150,000 to the structure and $25,000 in contents.

Mechanicsville, MD- Units from St. Mary’s County have responded to a “Fully-Involved” house fire on Ryceville Road. Units from the Leonardtown Volunteer Fire Department are assisting as Charles County Units and Mechanicsville are filling in and battling other fires in the region.

Watch for emergency vehicles and personnel.

This is a developing story.

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...