News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – June 11, 2020 – The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces a COVID-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Relief Fund Grant to provide assistance to local for-profit and nonprofit businesses that have experienced adverse financial impacts or expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The county government will provide up to $1.25 million in grants to Calvert County businesses and up to $500,000 for nonprofits providing services in Calvert County that meet grant criteria. The grant may be used for expenditures related to business interruption or unusual expenses incurred due to the public health emergency. Repayment is not required for any funds received through the grant program.
The grant application will open Wednesday, June 17, 2020, at noon and will remain open until June 24, 2020, at 11:59 a.m. Closing date is subject to change based on the number of applications received.
Grants will be awarded by business type in the following amounts:
· Sole Proprietor: $1,500
· Micro Business (1-15 employees): $5,000
· Small Business (16-30 employees): $7,000
· Nonprofits: Up to $10,000
To be considered eligible to receive a grant, both for-profit businesses and nonprofit organizations must
· Be in good standing with the State of Maryland;
· Be current on all county tax liabilities;
· Have no outstanding/open zoning or permitting code enforcement issues;
· Have been operational and earning revenue prior to January 1, 2019; and
· Be able to demonstrate significant financial impact caused by COVID-19.
In addition, businesses must
· Have a physical commercial location in Calvert County;
· Not be a franchise or national chain (unless locally owned and operated);
· Have annual revenues less than $2 million; and
· Have no more than 30 full-time equivalent employees.
Nonprofit organizations must
· Be in compliance with the Maryland Solicitation Act;
· Be in good standing with the Maryland State Department of Assessments & Taxation; and
· Be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service.
Business owners and executive directors interested in receiving a grant are encouraged to review eligibility criteria and application requirements online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/COVID19ReliefFund. Those interested in applying are encouraged to create a user name and password prior to the application period. Interested business owners may also send an email to email@example.com.
The relief program is funded through the Maryland Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF), established under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Questions about the grant may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For business assistance, call the Department of Economic Development at 410-535-4583. For nonprofit assistance, call the Department of Community Resources at 410-535-1600, ext. 8803.