ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team (0-3, 0-2 C2C) fell Saturday to Coast-to-Coast Conference foe, Salisbury University (3-0). The final score was 9-0 in the Sea Gulls’ favor.
St. Mary’s College – 0, Salisbury University – 9
- In the number one spot for the Seahawks, Stephen Alam and Kier Nacua battled the Sea Gulls with a final score of 8-4 in the Sea Gulls’ favor. Nick Rohr and Sam Sheats competed in No. 2 doubles and fell to Salisbury, 8-2.
- In the third spot, Keawe Sheperd Johnson and Liam Pratt played together in the final doubles match but fell to Salisbury 8-3.
- The Seahawks were also swept in singles action. Stephen Alam fell in No. 1 singles 6-2, 6-0, while Nick Rohr dropped the No. 2 singles match by a 6-1, 6-1 final score. In the third spot, Sam Sheats fell 6-0, 6-2.
- At No. 4 singles, Nacua held his own against Salisbury’s Stefan Hein. The final score from their match-up was 6-4, 6-1. Shepherd Johnson played in the number five spot this afternoon and finished with a score of 6-1, 6-1. Pratt played at No. 6 singles this afternoon and fell to Salisbury’s Wayne Russel 6-1, 6-3.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- April 4 vs. Southern Virginia University | 4:00 PM | Somerset Tennis Complex