COLLEGEVILLE, PA– Seahawks Morgan Marzec, Alana Thompson, Ariana Lecouras, Betsy Robey, Natalie Romero, and Ariat Ojulu each played their part in bringing home numerous records for St. Mary’s today. Marzec and Thompson clinched two individual titles each during the meet
How it Happened
- Alana Thompson earned her first record of the day in the 200m dash. Thompson was the lone Seahawk for St. Mary’s in the event, taking 23rd place of the 42 runners. Thompson broke the previous record of 30.39, held by teammate Natalie Romero, with a time of 29.83 seconds.
- Four Seahawks ran in the 400m dash today. Ariat Ojulu broke her own record in the event by just over a second, crossing the finish at 1:09.14. Natalie Romero came in next for St. Mary’s, taking 26th place at 1:11.09. Betsy Robey finished just over three seconds later coming in at 1:14.84 in 32nd place. Elizabeth Marchbank rounded out the race for Seahawks, finishing in 35th place at 1:20.69.
- Ariat Ojulu lined up for the 800m run next alongside teammates Kendal Eldridge and Jason Sprague. Ojulu led the race, coming in at 2:50.87 in 39th place. Eldridge finished just nine seconds later at 2:59.11 to take 43rd place. Sprague closed out the race for the Seahawks, clinching 46th place of the 47 competitors in a time of 3:16.06.
- Kendal Eldridge and Jason Sprague competed in their second event of the day alongside Jordan Bailey to run in the one mile. Eldridge led the pack, coming in at 6:36.77 in 37th place. Sprague followed close behind, crossing the finish line at 7:10.67 in 44th place. Bailey finished just 12 seconds later, taking 46th place at 7:22.66.
- Ariana Lecouras represented the Seahawks in the 3000m run at the invitational. Lecouras broke the previous record, held by Kendal Eldridge, with a time of 12:21.62 in 17th place.
- Ariat Ojulu, Betsy Robey, Natalie Romero and Alana Thompson worked together to break the record in the 4×400 relay. This team of Hawks shaved roughly ten seconds of the previous record with a time of 4:44.76. They earned a 13th place finish of 15 teams in the event.
- Alana Thompson grabbed her last record of the day competing in the long jump. Thompson broke her own record today with a distance of 4.65 meters. This finish earned her sixth place of the 15 competitors who participated.
- Morgan Marzec set her second record of the season today, representing St. Mary’s in the Weight throw for the first time. Marzec sets the record at a distance of 6.92 meters. Marzec also broke her previous record in the shot put today with a distance of 7.74 meters. Her previous record stood at 7.12m . Alana Thompson competed alongside Marzec in the shot put today, earning herself a 40th place finish with a distance of 6.06 meters.
The Seahawks move on to compete in the Coast to Coast Championships on February 18th and 19th. The Championships will be hosted in Newport News, Virginia.