St. Mary’s City, MD-– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s tennis team took on Hood College this afternoon (Mar. 2) in non-conference action. This was the Seahawks’ second match of the spring season. The final score was 9-0 in favor of the Seahawks, moving them to 2-2.
- St. Mary’s swept doubles, 3-0. Diana Levit and Hannah Gorel competed in the No.1 spot this afternoon and defeated the Blazers, 8-1. The momentum continued In the No. 2 spot, where Sydney Anderson and Amber Manspeaker picked up a win over Hood 8-2.
- In the No. 3 spot, Ellie Walter and Giselle Harris came up victorious over the Blazers to round things off. The final score was 8-1.
- Levit, Gorel, and Manspeaker competed in singles at the No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3 spot against the Blazers. Levit came out on top winning two sets: 6-0, 6-0. Gorel came away with a win with scores of 6-0,6-2. In the No. 3 spot, Manspeaker finished on top with scores of 6-2 and 6-3.
- Anderson came into her match in the No. 4 spot and secured another win for the Seahawks, 6-1. 6-0. Harris continued the winning trend for the Seahawks in the No. 5 spot, winning her match with scores of 6-0,6-0. To wrap things up in the No. 6 position, Ellie Walter took care of business coming away victorious with scores of 6-1 and 6-0.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- March 5. vs. Goucher | 1:00 PM | Towson, MD.