St. Mary’s City, MD– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team defeated Hood College on Mar. 2. To improve to 4-0 on the year. The Seahawks defeated the Blazers 9-0.
- Stephen Alam and Kier Nacua competed in the No.1 spot this afternoon for the Seahawks and picked up a dominant 8-0 match over the Blazers. Sam Sheats and Tyler Vanvalkenburg also picked up a big time win 8-0 in the No. 2 spot.
- Finishing off a dominant afternoon. Keawe Shepherd-Johnson and Liam Pratt came out on top, 8-0 in the No. 3.
- Stephen Alam cruised to a win in the No. 1 spot, taking both sets 6-2. Kier Nacua took home a victory in the No. 2 spot with scores of 6-0 and 6-2. Sam Sheets was able to come out on top in the No. 3 spot after sweeping both sets 6-0.
- The Seahawks continued their dominant day by winning the last three matches of the competition. Vanvalkenberg swept his opponent at No. 4 with scores of 6-0 and 6-0. Shepherd-Johnson competed at the No. 5 spot and finished in similar fashion with scores of 6-0 and 6-0.
- Liam Pratt closed things out in the No. 6 spot taking home a match victory with scores of 6-0 and 6-0 .
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 5 | Goucher College | 1:00 PM | Towson, MD