If your garage door is more than 20 years old, it’s probably time for a new one.
A garage door is a vital part of your home, providing security and protection from the elements.
It’s also one of the most visible features of your home, so you want to make sure it looks good.
Here are five signs that indicate it’s time to replace your garage door:
1. Your garage door is visibly old and worn. If your garage door is starting to look like it’s seen better days, it’s probably time for a new one. Another indicator that your door is ready to be replaced is if it’s beginning to fall apart, with cracks or peeling paint.
A garage door repair company will be able to give you a good idea of whether your door needs to be replaced or if it can be repaired. If your door is beyond repair, they will be able to give you a few different options for a new door, including material, style, and price.
2. Your garage door is starting to sag or warp. The signs of a garage door that’s starting to warp are doors that jam when you try to close them, or that won’t stay closed. Warping is usually caused by moisture damage, so if you live in an area with high humidity, this may be a sign that you need to replace your garage door. A garage door repair company can usually fix a warped door, but if the damage is severe, you may need to replace the entire door.
3. Your garage door isn’t working as smoothly as it used to.
If your garage door isn’t opening and closing as smoothly as it used to, it may be time for a new one. This is especially true if your door is making strange noises, such as creaking or grinding.
A new garage door can make your life a lot easier, as well as add value to your home. When choosing a new garage door, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First, you need to decide what material you want your new door to be made out of. There are three main choices: wood, steel, and aluminum. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks. For instance, wood is the most traditional choice and can give your home a classic look. However, it requires more maintenance than other materials and is not as durable. Steel is very strong and durable, but it can rust over time. Aluminum is lightweight and does not rust, but it is not as strong as steel.
Second, you need to decide what style of garage door you want. There are four main styles: sectional, rolling, side-hinged, and up-and-over. Sectional doors are the most popular choice, as they are easy to use and can be automated. Rolling doors are also popular, as they are very easy to use. Side-hinged doors are a good choice if you need to save space in your garage, as they open outward. Up-and-over doors are the most traditional choice and can give your home a classic look.
Third, you need to decide what size garage door you need. Garage doors come in a variety of sizes, so it is important to measure your garage before you purchase a new door.
Finally, you need to decide what features you want in a garage door. For instance, some doors come with windows, while others do not. Some doors are insulated, which can help keep your garage cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. You should also decide if you want a door that can be opened manually or one that needs to be opened with an opener.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you will be able to choose the perfect garage door for your home.
4. You can hear creaking or other strange noises when your garage door is in operation.
If your garage door is making strange noises, such as creaking or grinding, it may be time to replace it. Another sign that your door is ready to be replaced is if it’s starting to fall apart, with cracks or peeling paint.
5. You’ve had to have repairs done on your garage door more than once in the past year.
If you’ve had to call a garage door repairman more than once in the past year, it’s probably time to replace your door. This is especially true if the repairs are for major issues. Another indicator that your door is ready for replacement is if it’s starting to fall apart, with cracks or peeling paint.
If you’re seeing any of these signs, it’s time to start shopping for a new garage door. Keep in mind that a new garage door is not a DIY project, so be sure to hire a professional to install it.