By: David M. Higgins II

Waldorf, MD- At 3:00 a.m. on Monday, July 22, 2019, the Charles County Emergency 9-1-1 dispatch was alerted to a fire at an apartment building on Promenade Place.

The Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department responded with 15 firefighters to discover an extinguished fire on a balcony.

Per the Fire Marshal’s report, the building had a sprinkler that activated, extinguishing the fire. The building also had a fire alarm that was activated and alerted residents, allowing everyone to leave the building unharmed.

The cause of the fire is listed as improperly discarded smoking materials, and the damage is assessed at $500.00.

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...