LEONARDTOWN, MD (December 9, 2021) – The St. Mary’s County Health Department (SMCHD) has updated the eligibility criteria for local COVID-19 vaccine booster clinics in accordance with updated authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
All individuals 16 years of age and older are now eligible for a booster dose after completion of primary vaccination with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
The following populations are now eligible to schedule an additional/booster COVID-19 vaccine dose through SMCHD:
- Individuals with compromised immune systems (Pfizer or Moderna recipients)
- 3rd dose, at least 28 days after 2nd dose
- 4th dose, 6 months after the 3rd dose
- When registering for a vaccine appointment, please mark “yes” to the immune-compromise question
- All individuals age 18 and older:
- Johnson & Johnson recipients, at least 2 months after 1st dose
- Pfizer or Moderna recipients, at least 6 months after 2nd dose
- Individuals age 16 and 17:
- Pfizer recipients, at least 6 months after 2nd dose
Individuals ages 16 and 17 may only be registered for an SMCHD vaccine clinic offering the Pfizer vaccine. Adults (over age 18) do not have to receive the same type/brand of COVID-19 vaccine as their initial vaccination; each of the available COVID-19 vaccines may be “mixed and matched” for the additional/booster dose after completion of the primary vaccination.
For more information or to make a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, please visit smchd.org/covid-19-vaccine or call the SMCHD COVID-19 Community Hotline at (301) 475-4330 or St. Mary’s County Library at (240) 523-3340. Please review the allergy guidance and the FAQs for SMCHD COVID-19 Vaccination prior to registering for a vaccine appointment.